Brooksville-Tampa Bay Regional Airport & Technology Center is a multi-use economic development and public-use aviation facility. Covering 2,400-acres that is well-suited for both commercial and industrial development, this prime property is the largest airport north of the Tampa Bay-St. Petersburg/Clearwater region.
Whether you are flying, operating a business, or managing land and property, you should know:
- Brooksville-Tampa Bay Regional Airport & Technology Center is a public-use general aviation facility designated by the FAA a regional airport.
- BKV has two active runways, including a 7,000-foot Instrument Landing System (ILS) runway that can accommodate large corporate and narrow-body commercial aircraft.
- BKV has a new air traffic control tower that became operational in 2012.
- The airport has a Fixed Base Operator (FBO) with recently renovated facilities that provides full service for aeronautical services to based and transient aircraft operators.
- About 150 aircraft are based at BKV, including single- and multi-engine, turbo-prop, jet and helicopter.
- The Florida Army National Guard has multiple aviation units based at BKV.
- BKV has a multi-use Aircraft Rescue and Fire Fighting (ARFF) station on airport property.
- BKV has a well-established and diverse base of more than 120 tenants representing manufacturing, technology and retail interests.
- More than 2,200 employees at BKV represent a payroll of $92 million, and $350 million in direct economic activity, to the region each year.
- The Hernando County Office of Business Development works seamlessly with BKV airport administration to assist prospective and existing businesses with plans to relocate or expand, including monetary incentives and a well-trained work force.
For land and property managers
- BKV is a multi-modal transportation facility that also provides prospective land buyers and leasing tenants with access to rail and optimal surface road networks.
- In addition to available and planned facilities, a choice of variable-sized, infrastructure-ready build sites have BKV runway access, some parcels are more than 100 acres.